As many as 16 Seabus sailing will be cancelled as part of the job action by TransLink employees.
6 sailing cancellations in the afternoon
- The 1:30pm from Lonsdale Quay and 1:45pm from Waterfront will be cancelled
- The 3:30pm from Lonsdale Quay and 3:45pm from Waterfront will be cancelled
- The 4:45pm from Lonsdale Quay and 5:00pm from Waterfront will be cancelled
10 sailing cancellations in the evening (between 6:45pm and 9:15pm)
- This will result in sailings every 30-minutes between 6:45pm and 9:15pm, instead of sailings every 15-minutes.
- Regular 30-minute service continues after 9:15pm until the final sailing.
As many as 20 Seabus sailing were cancelled yesterday.
SkyTrain, Canada Line, West Coast Express, HandyDART, West Vancouver Blue Bus and other contracted services continue to operating normally.
“We will do everything possible to keep our customers informed, as soon as possible, on service disruptions. To stay informed, customers can sign up for Transit Alerts (alerts.translink.ca) specific to their routes, follow @TransLink on Twitter and check translink.ca.”
Jerry Dias, Unifor National President, said the failure of Coast Mountain Bus Company (CMBC) to address workers’ concerns about working conditions, wages, and benefits has led to the decision.
Unifor represents more than 5,000 workers at Coast Mountain Bus Company, with Unifor Local 111 representing transit operators in conventional and community shuttle and Unifor Local 2200 representing maintenance and Seabus workers.