Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Amica Lions Gate in West Vancouver after two residents have tested positive for COVID-19.
Outbreak precautions have been implemented at Amica Lions Gate.
Amica Lions Gate is private care facility, owned and operated by Amica Senior Lifestyles.
VCH will be supporting Amica’s outbreak response for the duration of the outbreak period.
The facility is closed to new admissions and transfers at this time and all group activities have been suspended.
Visits to the facility have been suspended until outbreak measures are lifted with an exception for essential care or compassionate visits at the end of life.
VCH immediately implemented strict infection prevention and control protocols to prevent further transmission of COVID-19.
- Careful monitoring of residents, staff and physicians
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all high-touch surfaces
- Closing the affected unit to resident admissions and transfers
- Cohorting of staff to the affected areas
- Self-monitoring or self-isolation of staff and physicians as part of Public Health contact tracing
- COVID-19 testing for all symptomatic or potentially exposed residents.