Vancouver Police are warning the public about Trevor Leonard Smith, a high-risk sex offender who has been released from jail and plans to live in Vancouver.
Smith, a 46-year-old federal offender, poses a high risk of relationship and sexual violence – particularly against children. The VPD and Correctional Service of Canada believe there are compelling reasons to warrant a public notification of his release.
Smith was previously convicted of sexual assault, possession of child pornography, accessing child pornography, assault causing bodily harm, and failure of comply with a court order. He is Caucasian, about 5’10” and 170 pounds, with grey hair and blue eyes. He also uses the surnames Landry and Williams.
- Keep the peace and be of good behaviour;
- Report to a probation officer;
- Reside at a place approved by a probation officer;
- Remain in British Columbia;
- Advise a probation officer of relationships and friendships with females;
- Not to consume or possess any controlled substances;
- No contact, directly or indirectly, with anyone under 16 years old;
- Not to attend any public park, school ground, recreational centre, skating rink or public swimming pool, public swimming area, community centre, playground, or any other place where a person under 16 years old is reasonable or expected to be present;
- Not to use or possess a computer or access the internet, except with prior permission of a probation officer;
- Not to possess or access any data encryption, electronic storage device, or computer software without written permission of a probation officer.
Anyone who sees or knows of Smith violating any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1 immediately.