The nominations for the Tim Jones Community Achievement Award are now open.
Co-presented by the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival and the North Shore Rescue, the award is given each year to a North Shore community member who has made an outstanding contribution to the outdoor or sports community.
This award honours the memory of the late and great Tim Jones, paramedic and chief for over 24 years of North Shore Rescue.
The award represents Tim’s legacy and serves as an inspiration to the community to selflessly help others, said North Shore Rescue.
The mission of the award is to educate and share the passion for nature and the love for our backyard mountains.
The nominees for this award must fulfill the following criteria:
- Shall be/ has been active in the North Shore outdoors or sports community
- Shall be perceived as having made an outstanding contribution
- Must be perceived as an ‘unsung hero’, someone who has received little in the way of national and or public recognition for their accomplishments
All submissions will be adjudicated by a jury consisting of the North Shore community members, who will select a recipient from the eligible submitted candidates.
Submissions must include:
- Name and phone number or email of the individual submitting the application
- Name, phone number, mailing address and email of the candidate
- A letter from the nominator (500-700 words) explaining the candidate’s involvement in, and impact upon, the North Shore community
- All applicable support materials, such as pictures, video links other biographical documents must be in a format that is easily received by email
For more information please contact Sieneke Toering: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2020