Starting July 28, the Pattullo Bridge will be closed in alternating directions for maintenance and annual inspection to improve bridge safety.
Traffic access will be northbound or southbound only.
- Sunday, July 28, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
- Monday, July 29, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
- Thursday, August 1, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
- Friday August 2, 2019: 10 pm – 5 am
Bridge users are encouraged to use the Port Mann or Alex Fraser Bridge as alternatives during the closures. Emergency vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians, however, will be able to cross the bridge in both directions at all times.
Meanwhile, the N19 bus trips will be re-routed over the Queensborough Bridge.
The maintenance will involve the installation of early seismic warning, fibre optic cables, advanced warning lights and signs and wind monitoring sensors. The sensors are meant to improve safety for bridge users by detecting seismic activity and monitoring wind speeds at the bridge.
The annual inspection involves checking the underside of the bridge deck to ensure all equipment is functioning properly.