North Vancouver RCMP impounded several vehicles and fined drivers for impaired driving and excessive speed over the last weekend.
“It was a busy weekend, but not a great deal busier than usual,” said Sgt. Peter DeVries of the North Vancouver RCMP.
“Our frontline and traffic unit officers suspend drivers and impound vehicles regularly. Seeing that enforcement listed like this, though, clearly demonstrates the need for ongoing enforcement.”
The list below is the enforcement conducted by officers over the weekend. This is not an exhaustive list and does not list any traffic violation tickets.
Friday, October 2
- 24-hour suspension for Impaired Driving on Deep Cove Rd
- 7-day vehicle impoundment for Excessive Speed on Hwy 1 at Westview Ave
- 12-hour suspension for Impaired Driving on W. Keith Rd near Jones
- 90-day vehicle impoundment for Impaired Driving on Curling Rd
Saturday, October 3
- 90-day vehicle impoundment for Impaired Driving on Fern St near Mountain Hwy
- 90-day vehicle impoundment for Impaired Driving on Hwy 1 at Lonsdale Ave
Sunday, October 4
- 7-day vehicle impoundment for Excessive Speed on Lloyd Ave at Gladwin Dr
- 7-day vehicle impoundment for Excessive Speed on Low Level Rd
North Vancouver officers are proactive when it comes to stopping excessive speeders and nabbing impaired drivers, said DeVries.
“We can warn drivers about speed and alcohol over and over again, and we do,” he said.
“But some drivers remain willfully deaf to our warnings, and those are the ones we will find, stop, and remove from the road.”