BC Ferries is advising customers that the Horseshoe Bay (West Vancouver) – Langdale (Sunshine Coast) route will be extremely busy on the weekend, from June 27 to July 2.
The Queen of Coquitlam has been removed from service for one week to repair a sealing mechanism on the propeller blades. The Queen of Surrey remains the primary vessel on the run, providing eight round trips per day. The Queen of Coquitlam was scheduled to provide three or four round trips per day, depending on the day. Due to the unexpected mechanical issue with the Queen of Coquitlam, its sailings are cancelled, BC Ferries said.
Unfortunately due to peak season demand, all other major vessels are serving other communities and can’t be redeployed to sail in its place. BC Ferries is doing everything it can to make repairs to the Queen of Coquitlam as quickly as possible, it said.
To assist customers who plan to travel this route, BC Ferries is adding the following sailings at the beginning and end of the day:
- 7:30 p.m. sailing from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (Queen of Cowichan)
- 8:30 p.m. sailing from Langdale to Horseshoe Bay (Queen of Cowichan)
June 28, 29, July 2
- 4:00 a.m. sailing from Langdale to Horseshoe Bay (Queen of Surrey)
- 5:10 a.m. sailing from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (Queen of Surrey)
- 11:50 p.m. sailing from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (Queen of Cowichan)
July 2 • 12:30 a.m. sailing from Langdale to Horseshoe Bay (Queen of Surrey)
June 27 – July 1
Up to three 40-person water taxis will follow the original Queen of Coquitlam schedule and provide service between the Horseshoe Bay government dock and Langdale terminal.
June 27, 28 • 9:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 2:05 p.m., 4:20 p.m. water taxi sailings from Langdale
- 10:40 a.m., 12:55 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. water taxi sailings from Horseshoe Bay
- 7:05 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m. water taxi sailings from Langdale
- 8:20 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 1:35 p.m. water taxi sailings from Horseshoe Bay
June 30, July 1
- 11:45 a.m., 2:05 p.m., 4:20 p.m. water taxi sailings from Langdale
- 12:55 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. water taxi sailings from Horseshoe Bay
BC Ferries says it is monitoring traffic levels closely over the long weekend, and the company has the ability to add extra service at the end of the night if the need arises. However, congestion is expected on the approach to Horseshoe Bay terminal at the beginning of the long weekend and at Langdale terminal at the end of the long weekend.
NOTE: The North Shore Daily Post welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.