TransLink is boosting transit service and adjusting bus routes for City of Vancouver’s Celebration of Light Festival.
The following changes will be in effect July 27, July 31, and August 3:
- Expo and Millennium Lines will run peak service with all available trains in service starting mid-afternoon, with the last scheduled train leaving Waterfront Station at 1:16 a.m.
- Canada Line will provide rush-hour level service all evening, with every train in service following the fireworks. Last train will depart Waterfront at 1:15 a.m.
Shuttle Buses to English Bay:
- From Burrard Station to Denman and Robson (7 pm until 10 pm)
- From Yaletown Station to Burrard and Davie (6:45 pm until 10 pm)
Return shuttles to SkyTrain Stations (Starting after fireworks until demand subsides):
- From Georgia and Denman to Burrard Station
- From Burrard and Davie to Yaletown Station
Due to closures on Davie Street, the following routes will see changes in service:
- Will take regular route to Robson and Denman then loop back with altered service along Georgia, Pender, Richards, Robson and Cambie
- Will take regular route to Cambie and Robson then loop back with altered service along Seymour, Pender, Burrard, Robson, Denman, Georgia, Pender, and Cambie
- SeaBus service will run with 15-minute service until 12:30 a.m. and then 30-minute service until the last sailing at 1:22 a.m. to Lonsdale Quay
West Coast Express
On August 3 only:
- A full-service train will depart Mission at 7 pm and arrive at Waterfront at 8:15 p.m. A return train will depart Waterfront Station at midnight.